CRONE:
Creative Researcher Of New Experiences

Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mothers Day


To My Grown Up Son

My hands were busy through the day,
I didn’t have much time to play
The little games you asked me to.
I didn’t have much time for you.
I’d wash your clothes, I’d sew and cook
And when you’d bring you picture book,
And ask me please to share your fun,
I’d say “a little later son”.
I’d tuck you in all safe at night
And hear your prayers, turn out the light,
Then tiptoe softly to the door…
I wish I’d stayed a minute more.
For life is short, the years rush past…
A little boy grows up so fast.
No longer is he at your side,
His precious secrets to confide.
The picture books are put away,
There are no longer games to play.
No good-night kiss, no prayers to hear…
They all belong to yesteryear.
My hands, once busy, now are still
The days are long and hard to fill.
I wish I could go back & do
The little things you asked me to.
Author Unknown


Hello Everyone,

I was divorced shortly after my son turned one and remained that way till 11 years ago when I met and married Sir Knight.

Raising a child, as a single parent was hard work. I worked a full time job, Then came home and crafted so I could do the craft show circuit on the weekends. Then I decided to go back to school to be a Nurse, worked a full time job and crafted. Through it all my son was pretty amazing, oh he had his share of discipline problems, but nothing really out of the ordinary. He'd help me study, he'd help pack crafts and make sure we were ready to head to whatever show we were headed.
I came across this poem many years ago and in a newspaper and saved it, so I could add it to the scrapbook I knew I would put together for him when I had more time. Well that more time is here and for the last couple years, I have been working on putting his life in picture order. To that end, I am having some problems because there were years I couldn't even afford to buy a camera or if we had the camera, pay for the processing of the film; but we both survived, hopefully the stronger for all our adversities

Forgive me, my intent was not to bum everyone out this Mothers Day but rather to give all young mothers a little heads up to enjoy your blessings more while you have them.

Hugs,
Penny


3 comments:

Beedeebabee said...

Happy Mother's Day, Penny!

That was a lovely post...it didn't bum me out at all. You're strong and you got through some hard times...enjoy your day, Sweetie!

Thank you so much for your visit too!

xo Paulette ;)

Brian's Home Blog said...

I think that was a great post! Happy Mother's Day to you and to Moms everywhere!

Sinderella's Studio said...

Perfectly shared!
Hope your day was marvelous!
dana