CRONE:
Creative Researcher Of New Experiences

Saturday, May 23, 2009

Reflections on Memorial Day


A Mother to Her Son in Service
By Grace Noll Crowell

Wherever you are this day, my precious son,
God hold you close, God keep you safe from harm.
In this strange victory that must be won
It takes your youth, your strength of heart and mind.
Your valor and your courage and your might
To bring to pass the miracle of peace.
God keep you facing forward toward the light
That waits ahead for you when war shall cease.

Take God as your companion, O dear Heart.,
We must not, dare not face the days alone.
With him for comrade we can do our part
And staunchly, bravely face the great unknown.
I, too, must be a valiant soldier, for
That is what mothers are when there is war.


Good Morning Everyone!
Just stopping by to wish each and every one of you a wonderful day and a safe weekend of remembrance and reflection on the Freedoms we hold dear, and the sacrifices it takes to preserve that Freedom. I hope you enjoy this little poem I found while browsing through an older, patriotic addition of Ideals Magazine; I thought it was very appropriate even in these our own war filled times.
God Bless.

Hugs
Penny

1 comment:

MISS PEACH ~(^.^)~ said...

Penny, Miss Peach and I are so delighted that you stopped by today and helped our comment clicker rise a little! I was very touched by your poem. I love IDEALS magazine and keep a small collection for year round reading. It is no longer published I am told. We thank you for being a part of our blog with your faithful visits. We know we have readers and are thankful for them, even if they do not comment often or even ever. We know they are there and we love them:)
Genghis Khat is a beautiful flamepoint meezer and Miss Peach is proud to call him friend.
I see from your blog roll that we have some nice friends in common...
Have a wonderful beginning of summer!
Love from the cozy cottageXOXOX