CRONE:
Creative Researcher Of New Experiences

Sunday, April 26, 2009

The Plan Continues On

My first drawing - a pumpkin that looks like a pumpkin. YEA!!! I know some of the strokes are real light - but I was pretty unsure of what I was doing at the time. What do I mean - I still am a bit unsure of what I'm doing when I sit down to draw.
Looking towards front door. All painted - but we still have the old carpet. I know that it does
not look like it but believe me it really is an aqua color.
Standing at front door looking into room. All Painted - but with the old carpet. See the new carpet sits ready for us to install
Same view - with the new carpet. Yikes stripes - you say - Well yes. I want the room to look large because when I start to add the furniture - I know it will get real small looking.
Starting to set up desk and storage space. These knockdown storage cabinets we bought will be the anchor pieces to my new crafting area.

I apologize for the blurry , grainy pictures. They were taken with our old Mavica camera -( you know the old dinosaur that took pictures on the 3 1/2" floppy) and the only computer that has the capabilities to read them is in our basement and is not compatible to network and share files with the new computer so I have to print them out and scan into the new computer.

While we worked on our Plan - I was happily engaged in my drawing class, learning about perspective and foreshortening and good stuff like that. Drawing things I never in my life thought I could draw or that they would resemble what I saw.

All that crumpling and pasting (putting 2 complete coats of tissue on the wall) was only the first part of the room makeover . - Then there was the painting, the old carpet had to be removed and the new carpet had to be laid. Then the furniture had to be painted and brought up into its new place and shelving to be built. We did all this through the holiday preparations and celebrations; as I wanted to start the New Year in my new room. I know this was just a bit daft but I was like a woman possessed. Poor Sir Knight I really worked him hard during those two months.

The New Year arrived and while we were not totally finished - it was usable and I knew it was shaping up into my dream room.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good luck with the room, they just don't happen over night, do they?