CRONE:
Creative Researcher Of New Experiences

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Winsome Wednesday as I Recover from a Very Romantic Tuesday


Yesterday the weather was fair, the sun was shining, and Sir Knight and I were happily entangled in each others arms, eating chocolate covered stawberries and drinking champagne - celebrating Our Wedding Anniversary.

We had thought about a Halloween wedding - but after mulling over the pro's and con's decided that it was better if we stayed home for the passing out of treats (something we both enjoy so much) and then run off and tie the knot. So that is exactly what we did. When Trick 0r Treat hours were over that cool fall night in October 2001 we headed outside to start putting away all the decorations. When we finished that we packed up the car and ran away for a long weekend and our planned elopement. We drove till we were tired and found ourselves in Missouri., figuring that was as good a place as any - we stopped to get a few hours shuteye - before heading out to the courthouse to apply for our license. And the rest is just a blur of bliss - till we headed home as man and wife.

It continues to be blissful to this day. - I had to kiss a lot of frogs - but it was worth it - because- I have truly found the handsome Prince. I might not always be the fair princess he hoped to marry, but he always treats me like one.


Speaking of treats - just look at what he gifted me with. (Picture me here doing the happy dance.) The first three seasons of "The Tudors" ( he didn't realize there was a fourth or I would have had that also - he said we'd pick it up next time we are out.) He also got me the Video game "The Tudors" which is full of many of the characters from the show and I love it - hoping it provides me with ideas for the class on Renaissance, England; I teach at the High School each spring.

6 comments:

Brian's Home Blog said...

Happy Anniversary!!! The Tutors, how cool, that was on our TV lots too!

My Cozy Corner said...

Hi
Congratulations on your Anniversary. I'm happy to find your blog. I loved looking at your past posts. Thanks for visiting My Cozy Corner.
xoxo
Betty

Auntie sezzzzzz... said...

Happy Anniversary!!!

Wendy said...

Congratulations on your many lovely and happy years together. May you celebrate future Halloweens with an abundance of treats and magick :)

Martha's Favorites said...

Hi: I am running a little late to Tea Cup Tuesday. I just did not want to missing seeing what you posted. It is a beautiful cup. Love it. Have a wonderful week. Blessings, Martha

paperbutterfly said...

My daughter loves the TUDORS!! too.
As I have supported my doula clients, some through pregnancy and birth and others with new baby care these last few days I find I do not have the time to chat with each of you individually and thank you for commenting or participating in our Tuesday meme. Please know how much we appreciate and anticipate your contributions each week.

Look forward to joining you around the tea table this week.

Blessings, Pam