CRONE:
Creative Researcher Of New Experiences

Monday, August 9, 2010

Teacup Tuesday


Hello everyone,

I am once again participating in Teacup Tuesday with Terri and Martha. I can't believe I let two week roll by without me getting a teacup post out there. Must be slowing down now that I turned 60.

The cups I am showing off today - are the ones I received from my friend Dana - who is so super sweet to me. Isn't this teacup a beauty - I just love the flowers and its wonderful coloring -

It says Duchess, Fine Bone China, Made in England

And aren't these two just awesome. They combine my love of bears - with my love of cups.

They bottoms read -Rather Charming, Fine Bone Chine, Lesser and Pavey, Bartford, UK.
Designed in England by some cat in a cowboy hat.


Note: A trip to England is on my bucket list - so I can ride one of those doubledecker buses.


You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me. ~C.S. Lewis


The mere chink of cups and saucers tunes the mind to happy repose. ~George Gissing, The Private Papers of Henry Ryecroft


Tea is a cup of life. ~Author Unknown



Hugs,
Penny

9 comments:

Terri said...

Penny, all your cups are wonderful! I love your Duchess cup and saucer. I have the same one and I love using it. The flowers and colors are so vibrant.
I have been to England twice so far and I have yet to ride on the double decker bus or in one of those old taxis. But it would be fun!
Hope you get there soon.
Hugs,
Terri

Bookie said...

Oh, the bear mugs are dandys!!!

Brenda ~ The Heminger Farmhouse said...

Hello Penny, what lovely cups your sweet friend gave to you :) Love the flowers on the first cup, and the bears on the others are too cute :)

Happy Tea Tuesday!!

Warmest hugs, Brenda

Sinderella's Studio said...

Your photo shoot is fabulous! I love the pendant next to the cup and saucer. So happy you like them!
cheers, dana

Theresa said...

Hi Penny, I love the roses on those cups! and the cute bear mugs are so sweet~ I hope you are having a wonderful Tea Tuesday. Drop by if you can I am having a giveaway on my MsartistSewCrafty blog~ Theresa

Snap said...

Your tea cups are wonderful. Aren't friends wonderful? !!! I'm in love with the bear mugs! I want them!!!!! LOL!

KathyB. said...

Tis a lovely teacup, I especially like floral cups that bring in the color blue. The teacup and saucer stand are perfect for display, did you make it?

Deb said...

I love the flower teacup and the quote by C.S. Lewis.

Martha's Favorites said...

Penny: Your cups are beautiful. I hope you get to England soon. Have a wonderful week. Thank you for sharing your treasures. Blessings, Martha