CRONE:
Creative Researcher Of New Experiences

Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Weird Wednesday

Hello Everyone,

In light of my recent Bread Making class I took - I wanted to do a post for Homemade Bread Day, November 17th, but I was in bed most of the day with a beastly headache - so I missed it. Since today is only the 18th, I decided I'd go ahead and post about it any way. Above you see the cover page to the little cook book we were given on our last day of class, It contained all the recipes we made over the three days we had class.
The class itself was kind of a disaster as the teacher was always unprepared and tried to teach us more things than there was time for in each class. Her favorite quote was "I thrive in chaos" -
She really didn't care that most of us students don't thrive on chaos and like things a little more organized. I did glean a few good tips, so I feel that all was not lost.
Above is a recipe for the bread doves we made - my doves turned out much better than my cornucopia so I thought I'd share them with you. I plan to make some for Thanksgiving. Also on this page is a recipe for play dough. Hope you enjoy.


I went to a couple of Garage sales and an Estate sale within the last two weeks I thought I'd share all my finds with you.

A large assortment of used cards - some books from the 1940's and 1950's, an old unmatched salt shaker and a couple of small decorative bottles.


Here I got many old Child Life magazines from the early 1950's and some other magazines From the late 1940's. I also got these two little girl dresses for $1.00/pair what a deal. I also got a large stash of vintage flowers and butterflies.

Aren't those dresses just the cutest, thing you ever saw.


On a side note I just wanted to say that Genghis has adjusted better than we could have hoped to his night time exile to the basement. He goes down about 1:30 am when Sir Knight heads to bed and is usually let back upstairs about 9:00am when I wake up (some days its even earlier); And he gets plenty of hugs, pets and rubs through the day - so he knows he is loved. As for me once I got over my bout with the flu, I seem to be doing a little better fibromyalgia wise with more sleep.

I know this post has been kind of all over the place - but I did warn you it was weird wednesday.


Hugs,
Penny

3 comments:

Jans Funny Farm said...

Weird Wednesday, huh? That's a new one on us, but pretty neat.

You asked if the performance review is something you should be doing. Check it out at Zoolatry.blogspot.com This won't let me paste the exact link on it, but it's the post from 11/6/09, "Annual Purr-fur-mance Review." We'll be looking forward to yours.

Sandi said...

Hi Penny,
Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving such nice comments! I love all your garage/estate sale finds. You scored big time!

I have fibromyalgia as well so I know what you mean about getting enough sleep.
Hugs~

Brian's Home Blog said...

That's OK, sometimes we are weird and all over the place too, you can tell because there is fur where we've been.