CRONE:
Creative Researcher Of New Experiences

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Pretties that arrived from afar

Hello everyone,
The Last week in September - Sir Knight and I took a Long Weekend away from home. We arrived home late Sunday evening tired by happy.

That euphoria was short lived however - as by Monday evening I was deep into a full blown upper respiratory infection. (Runny nose, barky cough and tight chest plus the usual aches and pains that accompany it.)

My cough is much better and my chest is only a little bit tight - but now I have laryngitis.
( A blessing to Sir Knight ears maybe - but not so good for my overall mood and general disposition)

On the lighter side -when I arrived home there was a box from my friend Karla (check out her art blog here) waiting for me. The mosaic above show you just a glimpse of how pretty everything looked - before I started in ripping off all the wrappings. Karla sure has a knack for pretty and as much as I hated messing with perfection - I was way to nosey to see what was in store fore me inside - to linger to long with the wrappings.

You might remember that when Karla and I started trading ATC's privately, among our selves -I made her a cute little box to hold the cards she would receive from me.

Well Karla liked that idea so much that she made me a special box to hold the cards she makes for me.



This is the beautiful box she made for me. Isn't it just gorgeous. My pictures don't quite do it justice but I'm sure you get an idea how awesome it is. Thank you so much Karla - it is truly a work of heart.



Here is the the inside of the box - again so pretty and look at all the goodies that lay inside waiting for me to open them.



Our Theme for August's ATC was "At the Water Edge" so Karla made me this wonderful beach scene card. I love the wonderful play of the colors and check out the miniature shells - so darn cute.


The September theme was back to school and here is Karla's card - a sure winner in my book.


Here is an extra gifty that Karla sent me. A stunning ATC made from the petal of Rainbow roses. Isn't that butterfly something else. I love it.

Way back when we first started to swap I sent Miss Peach & Hunny Bunny some Pitter Pat's - so that before the years end we could alter the tin for each other.



Karla was really on the ball - cuz she finished hers already, and isn't it just so gorgeous. Hard to believe it once held cat treats.


The inside of the box is just as beautiful. and comes complete with two little fur friends nestled in the bottom. I love it so much.

She also sent me this super cool card of Kittens with beads on top of the whole card.

In the bottom drawer of the box is a tag that says do not open till Halloween - so I await the end of the month with baited breath to see her October ATC's.

Trying to do a post when your not feeling well is certainly an experience -after having to reload my photo's 3 times- due to my clumsy fingers - I am happy to say I've finished for the day and now plan on crawling back into bed.

I will be around to visit everyone later after I rest up a bit.

Hugs,
Penny

1 comment:

Plush Possum Studio said...

Oh, my! Sounds like you've got that yucky bug that's been haunting us all!
I have that barky cough now, along with a slight fever. I'm thinking I'd better take long breaks and get rested--don't wish to become worse off.
You take care, dearie!
Hope you feel better real soon!
Rose