First off I want to thank everyone for the advise they offered me with my problems - consider yourself hugged.
A good friend told me they thought my blog was a bit impersonal, so after much thought and deliberation, I decided to offer you a more detailed look at who I am and what makes me tick.
But............ I need to do it my way. Which is a bit low key and maybe even weird; but then so am I. Weird, that is. I don't think anyone would ever describe me as low key.
To quote Sarte "I think therefore I am"; and I am the best me I can possibly be. I am me, type A Personality, Wife, Daughter, Sister, Mother, Grandmother, Friend, Laundress, Keeper of the house, Nurse, Clown, Teacher, Crafter, Collector, Renaissance Reenacter and Wanabe Artist.
While I was teaching I would give my student a little joke or some thing funny that related to what we were studying to make the learning environment less stressful - so I decided to make Fridays - - "Funny Friday" and leave you each week on a lighter note yet offer you an insight into who I am by what I think is humorous.
1. Pays better than McDonalds (though the hours aren’t as good)
2. Fashionable shoes (not in my lifetime)
3. Sexy uniforms (Really?)
4. Get to play with Needles (tis better to give than receive)
5. Confidence in reassuring patients that all bleeding stops eventually (well it does!)
6. Opportunity to expose yourself to rare exotic and exciting new diseases (ain’t that the truth)
7. Interesting aromas (we won’t even go there)
8. Courteous and infallible doctors who always leave clear order in perfectly clear handwriting. (as long as you understand hieroglyphics)
9. Enough charting to navigate around the world. (cramped fingers are so much fun)
10. Celebration of holidays with all your friends (at work.)
Layman’s Medical Dictionary
Adenoids - Space creatures that are keeping Elvis alive on Pluto
Artery - The study of paintings
Autopsy - The hood of a car
Bacteria - The back door of the cafeteria
Benign - What you are after you be 8
Blood count Dracula
Cardiac - Someone crazy about old cars
Cat scan - Looking for kitty
Coma - A punctuation mark
D&C - Where the capital building is
Dilate - To live long
Enema - Not a friend
Fester - Quicker
Gargles - Quasimodo’s friends
GI Series - Military baseball game
Hangnail - Coat hook
ICU - Peek - a- boo
Labor Pain - Getting hurt at work
Morbid - Higher bid
Node - Was aware of
Hope you enjoyed this edition of "Funny Friday" and you'll come back for more.