CRONE:
Creative Researcher Of New Experiences

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

This and That Thursday

Hello everyone,

We had snow flurries yesterday - nothing to amount to much; but it was, cold. Sir Knight and I had to make a quick run to Pet Smart for cat and fish food. Heaven forbid if Genghis ran out of food; I'm quite sure he'd never let us live that down.

Upon our return home - I decided it was a very good day to stay in and work on a few of my projects.

First of all Sir Knight brought up the tree we use in the kitchen and we both got busy fluffing and fouffing it up for another year.


Once the tree was up - I got to work cleaning and rearranging things to set up a little vignette - for the paper trees we created from a tutorial that was shared on another blog (but for the life of me, I can not seem to remember who's blog it was). If it was any of yours, please forgive me and let me know so I can link back to you .



I also wanted to show you my finished rolling pin. Right now it is hanging from the handle of my china cabinet - but as we go on it will be put somewhere in the midst of Sir Knights, Santa Collection. I thought my snowflakes turned out pretty cool and made the whole thing look very wintry.


While I was vacuuming cat hair and arranging my stick trees, as Genghis called them; Sir knight was busy rounding up all his many nutcrackers and was starting to set them on display in the living room. This is the first of many and it is set up on my small curio cabinet where my toy tea sets are kept.

Feeling good that we are slowly getting things done and set up.


Hugs,
Penny

5 comments:

Brian's Home Blog said...

The tree sure looks nice and that rolling pin is beautiful. The nutcracker collection is awesome, we have a few of those around too!

Auntie sezzzzzz... said...

A decorated rolling pin!!! :-)

And I'm here to say THANK YOU for taking the time to comment a reply, to my blogging Questions. Thank you!

Gentle Winter hugs...

Celestina Marie said...

Hi Penny,
Your Christmas home decor is gorgeous. Your blog is lovely and I enjoyed my visit.
Thank you for stopping by and your kind comment. Good Luck in my giveaway!

Hugs from Texas, Celestina Marie

karlascottage.typepad.com said...

I saw that tutorial too and am thinking about making some today. yours really turned out cute, I like them on the candle holders!

Cat said...

I love your paper trees!!! Please let us know if you remember what blog the instructions came from :-)

It just doesn't seem Christmas without a beautiful nutcracker!