CRONE:
Creative Researcher Of New Experiences

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Blissful Angels


Hello everyone,

Sir Knight strongly suggested to me that this should be a short post - don't know if I can follow his suggestion - but it will be packed with artistic beauty.

Decembers theme for the Blissful ATC Swap was angels and I was lucky enough to have two wonderful angels to swap with Angela from Sew Loquacious and Michele who doesn’t have a blog yet, herself - but loves to read others.

Here are the cards I received. Aren’t they beautiful. I love both of them.



This card was from Angela



This card came from Michele


My first decision was not to make both girls the same ATC, so I set to work finding two angels to work with.

For Angela - I had a picture of a cupid in a Heart that I had gotten at an auction and wanted to use that -
A couple of false starts on a background had me a bit frustrated but I finally got something I liked. Then I tore some Mulberry paper the size of my ATC and placed my angel picture on it- I then used some plastic glitter buttons and an angel and it was looking good. I then used a rub on to put my title on “An Angels Heart Is Filled with Love”. Now the real frustrating part came - the Mulberry paper wouldn’t hold the rub on and letters were just falling off. So I tried to correct things with a very fine point marker, which I only smeared on the mulberry paper. Now I was besides myself and wanted to make another one for Angela but Dear Sir Knight was getting besides himself with me - of course being a supportive husband he told me it looked fine - being too sick to argue at the time - I let him take both of them off to the post office - so they wouldn’t be late. But Angela if you are reading this - I do plan on making you a new card that doesn’t look like a third grader made it .



Here is the Card I made for Michele. - Since Michele told me her favorite color was blue I used these two angels in the clouds above a small town Church. And titled it Angels Sing. I used some paper clay cut to match the cut out of the angels and placed then on a background of stars and star shine. I applied extreme Glitter by Ceramcoat to the star shine to really brighten it up . Glued my cutout to the paper clay and glued that whole thing on top of my background. It was simple but I thought it came out pretty nice.



I also made a little angel ornament for both the girls.



I then made a card to accompany my cards on there journey.


And so that should have been the end of it - just wait for their cards, right? Wrong. Though both cards were mailed out on Dec 10th ; and Angela had received hers within 5 days, Michele’s card was nowhere to be seen. (Now if there was justice in this world it should have been Angela’s card lost in the mail - and I wouldn’t of felt one bit of remorse -because I knew I wanted to make her a new one when I felt better).

So what was a girl to do but whip up a replacement card for Michele and send that one out on Dec. 20th.


I used a plaid scrapbook paper background - I added my angel picture - then used some small yo-yo's to give the appearance of clouds and added a couple hanging note as well as a gold ribbon.

Of course in true US Post Office Style - she received the first one the day I sent the second one out.

Hope you are all having a better month than I am.

Hugs,
Penny

3 comments:

Brian's Home Blog said...

Purrs and hugs. I know it will be better for you soon.

Sinderella's Studio said...

beautiful art!!!!!
Hugs to you!!!
dana

Wendy Aspinall said...

OU ARE BEING TO HARD ON YOUR SELF , BOTH act ARE WONDERFUL AND THANK YOU FOR HELPING OUT AND TAKING ON TWO PEOPLE FOR ME . HAVE A REST AND GET BETTER SOON HUGS TO YOU AND YOUR FAMILY wENDY