CRONE:
Creative Researcher Of New Experiences

Monday, October 25, 2010

Tittalating Teacup Tuesday


Hello everyone,

Once again I am participating in Teacup Tuesday with Martha and Terry.

Since Halloween is just around the corner I decided to put aside my usual array of pink floral cup to offer something a little more attuned to the ambiance of the season.


Here I have this wonderful Salisbury Bone China cup which boast a lovely pattern of black leaves on both cup and saucer. It also has the leaf design on the inside of the cup. The pattern is called "Othello"


From 1927 to 1949 company was named "Salisbury Crown China Co"
Bone China manufacturer operating at the Salisbury Works, Longton, Stoke-on-Trent.
in 1961 the company was acquired by Thomas Poole and moved to Chadwick Street, Longton.
Earlier In 1952 Thomas Poole acquired Gladstone China company and was reformed to became the Royal Stafford China Co.


This is all I can find out about the company other that they always used a crown for their makers mark - which my cup has - but it doesn't quite match the two examples I found - so not sure of the date it was manufactured in.

Hope you enjoyed my new Wickedly beautiful teacup for Halloween Week.

Hugs,
Penny

9 comments:

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

What a beautiful Halloween Tea Setting with a stunning tea cup!!

Debbie

Snap said...

Wow, love the black and white. Perfect for Halloween! Happy Tea Day!

Gee said...

Hi Penny,

Thanks for stopping by. Having to share that black n white teacup is just perfect for the coming halloween. Thanks for sharing.

Martha's Favorites said...

Wickly, beautiful! Thank you for sharing. Have a great week. Blessings, Martha

BECKY said...

Hi Penny! Thanks so much for stopping by and commenting on my blog! I love your black and white cup and saucer! Very pretty and unique! And I love the shape of the cup, too! I'm becoming a follower of yours!

Anonymous said...

I just wanted to say thank you for your kind comment on my blog during the Practical Magic Blog Party even though I was in the process of moving.

That teacup is sure a beauty! Happy Halloween!

Patti said...

Sorry to be so late visiting your tea party. It usually takes me until at least Thursday to visit everyone...sometimes even Friday.

Anyhow, your black and white teacup is really beautiful and unique. There's a real elegance to it.

Thank you for sharing,
Patti

Terri said...

This is such a fab tea cup and saucer! I love the coloring and its tall base.
Thank you so much for showing us.
Hugs,
Terri

KathyB. said...

I did enjoy your black and white leaf teacup & saucer.I have seldom seen black & white teacups , and with the leaf pattern , your teacup is unique.