CRONE:
Creative Researcher Of New Experiences

Friday, November 11, 2011

Thank you to all the Veterans


And I am proud to be an American
where at least I know I'm free
And I won't forget the men who served
to give that right to me.
Adapted from the "Song God Bless The USA" by Lee Greenwood




Hello Evfurryone,

Pellie and I want to take this opportunity to thank all the Veterans, including our own dear Sir Knight, for doing their part to see that we remain a free nation.


Lincoln’s words are enshrined among the best of Veterans Day quotes. He said in the famous Gettysburg Address about the soldiers who died: “But, in a larger sense, we can not dedicate, we can not consecrate, we can not hallow this ground.

“The brave men, living and dead, who struggled here, have consecrated it, far above our poor power to add or detract. The world will little note, nor long remember what we say here, but it can never forget what they did here.”


"This nation will remain the land of the free only so long as it is the home of the brave." -Elmer Davis

Purrs, & Thanks,
Genghis

Hugs & Thank you
Penny

6 comments:

Auntie sezzzzzz... said...

Semper Fi !!!

Queenie Believe said...

Wonderful veterans day post, I especially like the last quote! Thank you Sir Knight for your service to this great country.
Have a wonderful day.
Always, Queenie

Sinderella's Studio said...

I am way behind in all my visits, so sorry...I trust that you and yours had an incredible turkey day!!!
cheers, dana

Auntie sezzzzzz... said...

Nov. 26th

Hope you had a lovely Thanksgiving...

Gentle hugs,
"In a large bowl, combine........"
Aren't those beginning words, delicious...
all by themselves? :-)))
~Me
♫♡♫

Auntie sezzzzzz... said...

-waving-

Dec. 1st.

Is everything ok with you? Long time, no post. Hope you are just bussssssssssssssssssssy. :-)

And will post soon.

Gentle hugs,
"The orange-scented zephyrs stirred, the branches rustled, and the tinsel crackled like merry music, to which the sparkling lights danced."

~~E.T.A. Hoffman "The Nutcracker"

MISS PEACH ~(^.^)~ said...

hoo hoo I miss you Penny! I am always thinking about you and hope you are doing well....please pop in and let me know how you are....
Love Karla