CRONE:
Creative Researcher Of New Experiences

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Working on a Plan

A few books to help in my quest.

“Just what do you feel will entice your muse out of hiding?”, he says. “Oh, I don’t know, maybe learning to do something I never had time for, umm like drawing maybe. See they have a class at the college in the senior scholars section- Drawing for those who never thought they could draw it s only a couple days till the first class -I hope I’m not too late to sign up.
“Done“, he says and without giving me a chance to change my mind ( as he knows I sometimes do); he called the school and got me registered over the phone.
“What next?” He says. Well I either need a new craft room or a way to get down into the basement on the days the pain makes it too difficult for me to navigate the stairs, I say. “That is a little tougher”, he says,” but not impossible“. “Stair lifts are a little pricey and the basement was often too cold for you to work down there for any length of time even before you got sick so I think we need to concentrate on the only room left on this floor, the breezeway, so lets go in there and see what we can come up with.”
This room dear reader is very dreary with dark wood paneling and old stained carpeting. But I took his hand and we went to appraise the room as to how we could make it over; and do it on a rather limited budget.
“The walls can be painted“, he says, “and we can get some new carpeting - furniture is not a problem we will just use what you have down stairs”.
“I cannot use my open shelving for storage since this is still the main entrance to our home - it will look to cluttered. “ “Good point", he says, "so I will need to draw out a floor plan for possible layouts and see what will really work for you. In the mean time why don’t you try working on the decorating aspects." " Ok", I say, "a bit hesitantly" - not sure if this would all work.
Out came all my old faux painting and home decorating books. Since only one of my books had much on organizing a craft room - I started browsing the internet & I found a couple books I could get from the library. That browsing of the internet also brought me to the wonderful world of blogs.
In the blogosphere I not only saw room layouts - but also what other crafter's were doing and I knew that one day soon I wanted to join in on the fun, But I digress - for we first had to get busy and get organized.

Hugs
Penny

1 comment:

Lorrie said...

Welcome to the blogging world. I've been astounded by the people I've "met" and the creativity out here in cyberspace.
And what a fun blog you've begun. I'm looking forward to seeing where your muse will take you.

Lorrie